The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible. Multiple entries welcome.
• The contest is open to prose works.
• Entries can be fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction.
• Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• Entries must be original and not a translation of a previously published work.
• Maximum length: 2000 words.
• No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays.
No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
• Submissions must be in Word or txt format.
• No email or fax submissions.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Submissions can be an English translation of the author's unpublished original work in another language.
• The contest is open to all writers, established and emerging, worldwide.
The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize
The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize is awarded in honour of acclaimed Calgary writer W.O. Mitchell and recognizes literary achievement by Cal...
Florida Book Awards
The Florida Book Awards is an annual competition that exists for one purpose--to honor the best work written by Florida authors and about Florida cult...
Western Writers of America Spur Awards
To be eligible, works submitted must be set in the American West, the early frontier, or relate to the Western or frontier experience. Submitted works...