The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible. Multiple entries welcome.
• The contest is open to prose works.
• Entries can be fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction.
• Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• Entries must be original and not a translation of a previously published work.
• Maximum length: 2000 words.
• No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays. No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
• Submissions must be in Word or txt format.
• No email or fax submissions.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Submissions can be an English translation of the author's unpublished original work in another language.
• The contest is open to all writers, established and emerging, worldwide.
Shelf Unbound Competition For Best Indie/Self-Published Book
Any independently published book in any genre is eligible for entry. "Independently Published" books include self-published books and e-books (such as...
New Zealand Book Awards
The New Zealand Book Awards celebrate excellence, identifying the very best books for adult readers written by New Zealanders. From 2016, in a partne...
Lionel Gelber Prize
The Lionel Gelber Prize was founded in 1989 by Canadian diplomat Lionel Gelber. The prize is a literary award for the world's best non-fiction book in...