The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible. Multiple entries welcome.
• The contest is open to prose works.
• Entries can be fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction.
• Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• Entries must be original and not a translation of a previously published work.
• Maximum length: 2000 words.
• No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays.
No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
• Submissions must be in Word or txt format.
• No email or fax submissions.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Submissions can be an English translation of the author's unpublished original work in another language.
• The contest is open to all writers, established and emerging, worldwide.
Western Australian Premier's Book Awards
A biennial award made available by the Western Australian Government and are managed by the State Library of Western Australia.
The categories are...
Trillium Book Award
The Ontario government established the Trillium Book Award in 1987 to celebrate the quality and diversity of Ontario writers and writing. It includes ...
Askew's Word on the Lake Writing Contest
Whether you’re an established or emerging writer, the Askew’s Word on the Lake Writing Contest has a place for you. Part of the Word on the Lake W...